Sunday 3 August 2014

....An invitation....

....yes, an invitation to a magical wood to meet a very special tree...
 
....and when you get an invitation such as this, you pack a picnic, take an offering, and prepare yourself to meet some interesting characters on root....
 
.....But first you have to get past the sleeping Dragon....so be careful of those pesky sticks and twigs underfoot, you dont want to wake a sleeping Dragon.......they dont like it....





 ....I wonder who lives in there?.....could be a hobbit....

 
 ....yes, there he is sitting on a log....i nearly walked straight past him...






....beautiful fallow deer.....oh so friendly....

 ....we stopped to ask this snoozing mushroom which way to the tree, and he told us very sleepily to just keep following the giants foot prints.....

   

 ....this cheeky chappy wanted our picnic basket in exchange for valuable instructions on how to find the magical tree.....i thanked him muchly for wanting to help but said that we were doing just fine, and gave him a banana........he seemed ok with that.....


 
.....i think we're getting nearer....
 
 
 
...oh yes, there he is....
 
 
 
 
.....i wanted to stay and chat with him all day....
 
 .....we talked off herbs and plants and talking to animals, we talked about the weather and off bluebells and keeping bees.....i showed him cats cradle and other things with string, and he showed me how to watch clouds and to know when a storm is coming.....

.....I left an offering of home baked cakes and a small sea shell, and a promise to return before the seasons change again....
 
....a perfect day....
 
 
.....Druid stone park near Canterbury in Kent....
 
....a little magical wood....
 
Pixie

10 comments:

  1. oh me, oh my, this is a perfectly magical day, especially for a Pixie like yourself. I only wish we were nearer x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I love a magical wood. How I wish I could visit this one. Carla

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love walks in the woods, this one is special x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magical, wonderful! I might have to venture east to visit that wise old tree myself! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Pixie I love your commentary here! I would have been enthralled by these magical creatures but terrified of waking the dragon! Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like a wonderful day!!! I love the dragon, it is amazing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel as if I was there with you Pixie, a wonderful magical day out x

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my word! thank you so much for sharing thins special place...it is going on my special list to visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww thank you for taking us with you on this very magical trip.....LOVE and love some more trees and all the tales that they surely know, if only you open your heart and ears...
    Mr RTS has a magic tree that he salutes each day, when on his daily runs, here and there...And little old me, I have been known to hug a tree or two..hehe! Lovely to be your IG friend too...
    Maria with hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really perfect! I like the mushrooms. They look so funny. And the sleeping dragon looks like a natural one, just like from the Jurassic Period:) What did you like most?
    All the best from Emily Worlds
    Last page visit on 24 November - www.essays4me.com

    ReplyDelete